Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

We have an ET 2550 printer. It doesn't print, the pages are…

Customer Question
We have an ET...

We have an ET 2550 printer. It doesn't print, the pages are very faint, and spotty. I have run the head cleaner, and it gets slightly better, but it still is not good quality printing. I just ran it twice, and it still didn't help.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Epson ET-2550 model C462R. It's about a year old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

It's a PC Windows 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

For about the last two months.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?

When it first began, I ran the head cleaner, and that made it better, but that no longer works.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
8/6/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

These symptoms point to either a clogged/contaminated print head, or a faulty print head (or the logic board that controls it).

A single or even a few cleans is not sufficient for a bad clog or hardware issue.

You can try, again, going into the setup/maintenance menu on the machine and running the “clean print head” function repeatedly, up to 10 times total, testing after each.

If it still doesn’t print anything, you’ll need to do a manual cleaning as a next step.

Let me know how the repeated built in cleaning function works, and I’ll guide you through the manual steps next,if needed

Best regards,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Decided to just replace the printer. Do not need to fix it.

Thank you for the update. Since it is about a year old, you should still be under warranty though and can file a claim with epson to have them replace it for you.

You may file that claim at 800\873\7766

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,