John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Brother MFC-8890DW Brother printer. I was printing

Customer Question

I have a Brother MFC-8890DW Brother printer. I was printing OK until now when I get the flashing red light that says "No paper", and the message tell s me to add more paper. I added paper to its capacity but it still does not print when I tied different documents. Please help
JA: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?
Customer: I have a Dell inspiron 1525, which I have always used
JA: How long has this been going on with your MFC-8890DW?
Customer: Just now. I was printing things OK yesterday. I took out and replaced the tray, looked for paper jams, rebooted the printer without success.
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on your jo-1013
Customer: I have never updated the operating system on my computer- but it has successfully printed all along.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: A secondary issue which does not have to be resolved today. When I try to print Google maps (eg to get to a location), the print is always fuzzy/blurred and one cannot read the street names- but this is a problem for tomorrow, unless it can be addressed today- most important is printing anything
Category: Printers
Expert:  P. Kumar replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

We are sorry to hear you had this experience. I'm Kumar and I'll assist you today.

Can you please let me know since when you started receiving this error?

Thanks,

Kumar

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It occurred last night. It seemed to go away but today it has recurred , especially when I try to print e-mails. I could print a Word document
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
when will I have a technician contact me?
Expert:  P. Kumar replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for reverting back. So you are saying, Word Documents print fine, its the emails that are not printing?

Thanks,

Kumar

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My Brother printer flashes a red light and says"No Paper" when the tray is full of paper. Once the red light occurs, I cannot print anything afterwards. When I star off with a word document it can print. Also I added Firefox to my laptop as an additional browser last week to Internet Explorer and Google chrome. I don;tt now if this is part of the problem
Expert:  P. Kumar replied 2 months ago.

Okay. Can you please try to reset your printer.

Thanks,

Kumar

Expert:  P. Kumar replied 2 months ago.

To Reset ::

1. Make sure the machine is not operating, then disconnect all the cables from the machine but not power cable.
  2. Press the Menu or Set key on the control panel.
  3. Press up or down arrow key to select LAN or Network and press Set, Menu or OK.
  4. Press up or down arrow key to select Factory Reset and press Set, Menu or OK.
  5. Select Reset.
  6. Select Yes.
  7. The machine will re-start, re-connect cables once this is complete.

Please try once this is done.

Thanks,

Kumar