Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Epson WF3540 shows Oxf1 message. 2 new Epson ink cartridges

Customer Question

Epson WF3540 shows Oxf1 message. 2 new Epson ink cartridges installed
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: "About" 3years, WF3540
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac iPad, "about" 5 years old, no computer.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Replacing ink cartridges: 1st a refilled 127 black, then screen signaled empty blue so replaced genuine Epson 27 blue got same Oxf1 message.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, next I re- replaced the 127 black cartridge with a new factory Epson
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is anyone there?
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

First, pull out all the ink cartridges, then check the machine rigorously and thoroughly for any paper jams, or foreign debris inside the machine. This page will guide you through the process.

https://epson.com/faq/SPT_C11CC31201~faq-230144

Once complete, insert the ink tanks again and then turn the machine off and on. Does it still give the same error?

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am credited for assisting you.

If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Sr. Technician and former Network Switching System operator & maintainer with the US Signal Corp, (abn)