Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It won't print. It powers up ok, connects via the USB to my…

Customer Question
It won't print. It...

It won't print. It powers up ok, connects via the USB to my laptop ok.. I have two laptops and it won't work on either. Should say that it stopped when a copy got jammed in the back and I had to open the upper access panel. Hasn't worked since

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Yes should have told you that Hl-L2360DW

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC windows 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Worked perfectly for ages. This happened a short while ago.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
8/6/2017
Technician: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 11 months ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

We are sorry to hear you had this experience. I'm Kumar and I'll assist you today.

Can you please let me know since when you had this issue? Did you try to reset your printer?

Thanks,

Kumar

How do you reset the printer?

Thanks for revert back. To reset your printer, please do the below:

1. Press the Up or Down arrow key (+ or -) to choose the Network option, and then press OK.
  2. Press the UP or Down arrow key (+ or -) to choose the Network Reset option, and then press OK. Press the Up arrow key (+).
  3. Press the Up arrow (+) for Yes. The machine will restart.

Please do let us know if this helped.

Thanks,

Kumar

No still not working

Np. Let's try few more steps.

As you mentioned, you tried to remove paper Jams. Please do the below steps again.

1. Open the front cover
  2. Remove the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly from the machine.
  3. Open the back cover
  4. Pull the blue tabs at the left and right sides toward you to release the fuser cover.
  5. Use both hands to gently pull the jammed paper, if any, out of the fuser unit.
  6. Close the fuser cover. Make sure the blue tabs at the left and right sides lock into place.
  7. Close the back cover until it locks in the closed position.

Please note: If the paper is often jammed at the back of the machine, open the back cover and try printing documents.

8. Reinstall the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly back into the machine.
  9. Close the cover.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue.

Thanks,

Kumar

no
Well anything?

Please try to clean for any jams inside the printer. How ? Please see below.

1. Pull the paper tray completely out of the machine
  2. Pull out the jammed paper slowly.
  3. Open the front cover
  4. Remove the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly.

Please note : Internal parts of the machine will be extremely hot. Wait for the machine to cool down before you touch the internal parts of the machine.

5. Pull out the jammed paper slowly.
  6. Push down the green lock lever and take the toner cartridge out of the drum unit.
  7. Look for and remove any scraps of paper from inside the drum.
  8. Put the toner cartridge firmly into the drum unit until you hear it lock into place.
  9. Install the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly into the machine
  10. Close the front cover of the machine.

Thanks,

Kumar

Not received any reply so forget it.

I think you did not receive my response./

2. Pull out the jammed paper slowly.
  3. Open the front cover

5. Pull out the jammed paper slowly.

Thanks,

Kumar

I think you didn't read my reply. This service is no good. Please refund my money.

Please get in touch with customer service for further assistance.

Thanks,

Kumar