John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Canon printer/scanner model MF628CW and I had a

Customer Question

I have a Canon printer/scanner model MF628CW and I had a paper jam and cleared it. But the printer won't recognize that I did it. And it won't let me move on to anything else. It just keeps flashing the error message. I have unplugged it and there seems no way to cancel this message.
JA: Is there an error code on your MF628CW when you try to scan?
Customer: No I was trying to print out from my computer. And there is no error code. Just says I still have a paper jam. Which I do not. Also I cannot find the e-manual. And I can't seem to get it to print photos. Can I buy another one of them? Or can I look up on line why it won't print my photos?
JA: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: Never. I just bought this printer about 2 months ago. Should I reinstall the printer with original disc. I never got a message that I needed to update anything.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Those are my 2 problems. I cannot print photos and I cannot get rid of an error message. thank you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  P. Kumar replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for using Just Answer. We are sorry to hear you are facing problems. I'm Kumar and I'll assist you today.

Please let me know since when you started receiving this error ?

Thanks,

Kumar