John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Error message 0x97 when I try to print. One page printed,

Customer Question

error message 0x97 when I try to print. One page printed, then nothing but error message. I shut off the printer and turned it back on, but same thing... error message and nothing printed. wf 3640
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: wf3640 Two years at most ???
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac. latest ...10.12.5
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Only been an issue for a few days. Earlier this summer, I printed several pages with no problem. My husband tried to connect to hook up his computer to my printer, and when he was successful, then the printer would not print for me.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just the error message 0x97. I cannot find what that means
Category: Printers
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue, please remove the power to the printer and wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Thank you