John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Officejet Pro 8600 - I am getting the message that

Customer Question

I have a Officejet Pro 8600 - I am getting the message that there is a problem with the printer or ink system - I tried turning the printer off and on, and unplugged the printer as was suggested. It stated for me to contact you and give you a code number - I did not see a code number
JA: Is this the first time you've had to change the ink for your OfficeJet?
Customer: No I put in new ink cartridges several months ago - I also removed the cartridges as was suggested in a tutorial and replaced them - the ink is approximately over half full on all cartridges
JA: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?
Customer: Yes I opened the cover to get to the cartridges, closed it and still get the same message
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: After closing the lid I get the yellow triangle sign on the printer screen saying ink system failure
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kris R replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

Expert:  Kris R replied 2 months ago.

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
Can you let me know when you're ready to look at this and we will make a start.
Thanks
Kris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm ready now
Expert:  Kris R replied 2 months ago.

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
done do you ant me to plug back in
Expert:  Kris R replied 2 months ago.

I see you have requested remote assistance but this failed to go through.
I cannot handle payment issues as I am an end user to the site like you please call 1(###) ###-#### renter the details or contact the CC/Bank to remove the block
Regards
Kris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm working with your directions do not want remote assistance at this time
Expert:  Kris R replied 2 months ago.

OK - no problem.

Can you connect back up everything and try it now