Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Officejet Pro 8600 - I am getting the message that…

Customer Question
I have a Officejet...

I have a Officejet Pro 8600 - I am getting the message that there is a problem with the printer or ink system - I tried turning the printer off and on, and unplugged the printer as was suggested. It stated for me to contact you and give you a code number - I did not see a code number

Technician's Assistant: Is this the first time you've had to change the ink for your OfficeJet?

No I put in new ink cartridges several months ago - I also removed the cartridges as was suggested in a tutorial and replaced them - the ink is approximately over half full on all cartridges

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

Yes I opened the cover to get to the cartridges, closed it and still get the same message

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?

After closing the lid I get the yellow triangle sign on the printer screen saying ink system failure

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
8/6/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
Can you let me know when you're ready to look at this and we will make a start.
Thanks
Kris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm ready now

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
done do you ant me to plug back in

I see you have requested remote assistance but this failed to go through.
I cannot handle payment issues as I am an end user to the site like you please call 1(###) ###-#### renter the details or contact the CC/Bank to remove the block
Regards
Kris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm working with your directions do not want remote assistance at this time

OK - no problem.

Can you connect back up everything and try it now