Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My printer (HP Photosmart 5510) will not print. It has power

Customer Question

My printer (HP Photosmart 5510) will not print. It has power because the lights are on.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your HP? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: HP Photosmart 5510 B111. Windows 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Don't think so.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try checking the printer's queue - depending upon whether your computer is Windows or Apple, I can instruct you how to do that - and clear out all old print jobs sticking in the queue, if any are still there.

Then, turn Off the printer. Unplug it from the power. Leave that way for 10 minutes or longer... see if it works/prints, when plugged in again and turned On.

Let me know how that goes, and if it doesn't print still, tell me what computer you have, and whether the printer is wireless or wired/USB connected, and also what error code or message it shows, if it shows any.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated!

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond and I will advise you further!)

Thanks.