Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

How do I get the cartridge inserts to slide open? I have a…

Customer Question
How do I get...

How do I get the cartridge inserts to slide open? I have a cartridge jammed.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

HP Office jet 4655

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Number: TH71V491HS

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

This is a new printer. I was trying to get the cartridges installed and apparently did not get one in correctly. the slide wnet to the right and is under the plastic frame. If I could get it to slide back to the left, I could re insert the cartridge.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?

Why is there not a manual for simple troubleshooting?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
8/5/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 11 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Unplug the power cord

While it is unplugged, use your hand to move the carriage to the center then you can remove all the cartridges and insert them again.

Close the lid

Plug it back in and power it on

Do you still have the issue?