Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am unable to scan with my 8600 pro. I keep getting

Customer Question
I am unable to...

I am unable to scan with my 8600 pro. I keep getting allowing you to change.. I have said yes or no and nothing. Is there something wrong with a setting?

Technician's Assistant: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It's office jet pro 8600. About 4 or 5 yeears old. Other than not being able to scan, it works great. I am nearly blind and cannot read numbers. Patty

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Microft office 10 or 13 I have A tower HP

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I HAVE BEEN HAVING ISSSUES WITH GO DADDY, IN SENDING OR RATHER FORWARDING TO BOTH OF MY STORES OR ANYWHERE. i HAD man try to figure out what the problem was. I finally called go daddy mysself and founf out that I was not the only one having problems. They fixed it and now I cannot scan. Patty

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
8/5/2017
Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

It is a common problem for all-in-one printers to lose their scanner connection while retaining their printer connection. There is no separate scanner software; the multifunction printer drivers control both the printer and scanner functions. The solution to your problem is to reinstall the drivers. I can show you how to do this. Please let me know when you are ready to continue.