Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Workforce 325 printer/scanner/copier - it has been…

Customer Question
Hello Pearl, I have...

Hello Pearl, I have a Workforce 325 printer/scanner/copier - it has been working great for me for several years - while printing a document, I ran out of ink. I turned the machine off. Bought more ink, turned it back on and it said Printer Error - paper jam - there is no paper in it - I have unplugged it, I have done everything but kick it. please help me get it to working - it won't do anything with that printer error flashing on the little screen. Marjie

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?

No Ma'am - no code, just "printer error" paper jam - check scanner documentation - nothing there either.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I have no idea when or if.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?

Just that it was working great, ran out of ink in the middle of a print, I shut it down, bought more ink, got home, turned it on, and here it is, not working.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
8/5/2017
Technician: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 9 months ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

We are sorry to hear you are facing this issue. I'm Kumar and I'll assist you today.

Can you please let me know when you got the ink replaced? Did you buy a new Cartridge?

Thanks,

Kumar

i have not replaced the new ink yet - I had it turned off, until I got the ink, I turned it back on to replace the ink, and that's when I got the "printer error" sign

Thanks for reverting back. Does your printer makes a "grinding sound" when you start printing?

Thanks,

Kumar

NO, I do not want to switch to remote connection

No that wont be necessary. Please click on the Cross Sign.

Thanks,

Kumar

Can you please let me know if your printer makes a "grinding sound" when you start printing?

Thanks,

Kumar

all I can do with the printer is turn it off or turn it on - it will not print - the only thing it is doing is flashing the little green light - the one that lets you know it is turned on

Okay Marjie. The paper Jam is detected by a sensor to the extreme right of the Printer lid. The issue with the spring is that it had come loose (when we tried to refill), and was no longer pushing the arm into the down position (which tells the machine that there's no paper). What was happening was the arm would stay in the up position, making the machine think there's still paper in it. What you need to do is, check the small spring and properly close the printer lid.

You may please refer the attached photos. Please do let us know if that resolved.

Thanks,

Kumar

John, Computer Science Engineer