John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Workforce 325 printer/scanner/copier - it has been

Customer Question

hello Pearl, I have a Workforce 325 printer/scanner/copier - it has been working great for me for several years - while printing a document, I ran out of ink. I turned the machine off. Bought more ink, turned it back on and it said Printer Error - paper jam - there is no paper in it - I have unplugged it, I have done everything but kick it. please help me get it to working - it won't do anything with that printer error flashing on the little screen. Marjie
JA: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?
Customer: no Ma'am - no code, just "printer error" paper jam - check scanner documentation - nothing there either.
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: I have no idea when or if.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that it was working great, ran out of ink in the middle of a print, I shut it down, bought more ink, got home, turned it on, and here it is, not working.
Category: Printers
Expert:  P. Kumar replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

We are sorry to hear you are facing this issue. I'm Kumar and I'll assist you today.

Can you please let me know when you got the ink replaced? Did you buy a new Cartridge?

Thanks,

Kumar

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i have not replaced the new ink yet - I had it turned off, until I got the ink, I turned it back on to replace the ink, and that's when I got the "printer error" sign
Expert:  P. Kumar replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for reverting back. Does your printer makes a "grinding sound" when you start printing?

Thanks,

Kumar

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
NO, I do not want to switch to remote connection
Expert:  P. Kumar replied 2 months ago.

No that wont be necessary. Please click on the Cross Sign.

Thanks,

Kumar

Expert:  P. Kumar replied 2 months ago.

Can you please let me know if your printer makes a "grinding sound" when you start printing?

Thanks,

Kumar

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
all I can do with the printer is turn it off or turn it on - it will not print - the only thing it is doing is flashing the little green light - the one that lets you know it is turned on
Expert:  P. Kumar replied 2 months ago.

Okay Marjie. The paper Jam is detected by a sensor to the extreme right of the Printer lid. The issue with the spring is that it had come loose (when we tried to refill), and was no longer pushing the arm into the down position (which tells the machine that there's no paper). What was happening was the arm would stay in the up position, making the machine think there's still paper in it. What you need to do is, check the small spring and properly close the printer lid.

You may please refer the attached photos. Please do let us know if that resolved.

Thanks,

Kumar