John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a pixie ip100 and I have an error code 5100. I have

Customer Question

I have a pixie ip100 and I have an error code 5100. I have tried everything I can think of. Turning the power off, pressing on the ink cartridge, with paper and without paper, disconnecting from the computer, etc. Can you help?
JA: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?
Customer: It doesn't display anything but a green dot and an amber dot. The error message is on my computer dialogue box. The light flashes amber as soon as it powers up (even with no print job pending).
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: Good question. I don't remember.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: My name is Michael.
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

How old is the printer?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My best guess is about 4 years.

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new printers for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK. I thought this question/answer was going to cost $5 but apparently I am being charged $28. What's up?

The payment information is described to you during the setup. ($5 is a deposit)

I do not have any control over the payment information as a technician.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Well, Josh, I hope you get a better job with an honest company. Good day.Michael

Okay, thank you.