crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  5+ years as Tech
50836188

I was trying to fix jammed paper and got a "printer error

Customer Question

I was trying to fix jammed paper and got a "printer error has occurred" message. It tells me to turn printer off then on. I do so but get the same message.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Its about ten years old, an Epson Stylus NX510
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac OS Sierra
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I was trying to fix jammed paper, and yanked it out to hard ( i guess)
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: If it is too old, pls let me know asap/
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please open the lid and remove all of the ink cartridges then insert them back firmly into the carriage then close the lid.

Now, with the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks, ***** *****'re heading out to get a new one. Appreciate your coaching.

You're welcome!

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.