Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I want to print face book articles n pictures from my Ipad…

Customer Question
I want to print...

I want to print face book articles n pictures from my Ipad using wi fy

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

It a brother mfc-l2740dw

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The computer is recently new and I'm new to windows 10 and never tried to print from my I pad

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
8/5/2017
Technician: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 9 months ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for using Just Answer. We are sorry to hear that you are facing issues. I'm Kumar and I'll help you further.

If I can understand correctly, you want to print documents wirelessly from your Ipad? Am I correct?

Do you have the Printer Driver installed for the same?

Please do let us know in the below box.

Thanks,

Kumar

the printer driver is installed on computer ,please understand I'm 70 yrs old and this windows ten is new yo me ,I'm no technition
cant afford additional costs ,on a fixed income
please send instructions in an email ,I cant stay on the computer much longer have an appointment I must keep

That's fine. We might not need a remote.

So, as you are saying, you want to print documents wirelessly from Windows 10 System. Am I correct? Please install the below driver and check once.

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfcl2740dw_us_eu_as&os=10013&dlid=dlf100997_000&flang=8&type3=11

Thanks,

Kumar

Okay. So here is what you need to do. You'll need the driver installed on your Windows 10 System.

Also, you need to install the Wireless Setup Helper from the below link.

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfcl2740dw_us_eu_as&os=10013&dlid=dlf004542_000&flang=8&type3=402

The above tool will help configuring the Wireless Printer and you should be able to start printing.

Please do let me know if I was able to help you. In case you need any additional assistance, please do let me know so that I can assist you further.

Please take a moment to rate my service.

Thanks,

Kumar

please help me finish this setup

Please install the drivers provided in the messages above and proceed with the setup.

Thanks,

Kumar

the wireless setup has already been done how do I print from my I pad

For Ipad, please choose an appropriate AirPrint Enabled Printer and proceed with printing.

First select the document you want to print.

Go to print, then select on Choose an Air Print Enabled Printer

Choose the number of copies and Tap print.

Thanks,

Kumar

how do I choose an appropriate air print enabled printer on my I pad

The Printer that you have provided is an Air Print enabled printer. You should be able to see that once you start printing. Are you facing any issues wrt that?

Please let us know.

Thanks,

Kumar

John, Computer Science Engineer