John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I want to print face book articles n pictures from my Ipad

Customer Question

I want to print face book articles n pictures from my Ipad using wi fy
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: it a brother mfc-l2740dw
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: the computer is recently new and I'm new to windows 10 and never tried to print from my I pad
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: don't think so
Category: Printers
Expert:  P. Kumar replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for using Just Answer. We are sorry to hear that you are facing issues. I'm Kumar and I'll help you further.

If I can understand correctly, you want to print documents wirelessly from your Ipad? Am I correct?

Do you have the Printer Driver installed for the same?

Please do let us know in the below box.

Thanks,

Kumar

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the printer driver is installed on computer ,please understand I'm 70 yrs old and this windows ten is new yo me ,I'm no technition
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
cant afford additional costs ,on a fixed income
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
please send instructions in an email ,I cant stay on the computer much longer have an appointment I must keep
Expert:  P. Kumar replied 2 months ago.

That's fine. We might not need a remote.

So, as you are saying, you want to print documents wirelessly from Windows 10 System. Am I correct? Please install the below driver and check once.

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfcl2740dw_us_eu_as&os=10013&dlid=dlf100997_000&flang=8&type3=11

Thanks,

Kumar

Expert:  P. Kumar replied 2 months ago.

Okay. So here is what you need to do. You'll need the driver installed on your Windows 10 System.

Also, you need to install the Wireless Setup Helper from the below link.

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfcl2740dw_us_eu_as&os=10013&dlid=dlf004542_000&flang=8&type3=402

The above tool will help configuring the Wireless Printer and you should be able to start printing.

Please do let me know if I was able to help you. In case you need any additional assistance, please do let me know so that I can assist you further.

Please take a moment to rate my service.

Thanks,

Kumar

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
please help me finish this setup
Expert:  P. Kumar replied 2 months ago.

Please install the drivers provided in the messages above and proceed with the setup.

Thanks,

Kumar

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the wireless setup has already been done how do I print from my I pad
Expert:  P. Kumar replied 2 months ago.

For Ipad, please choose an appropriate AirPrint Enabled Printer and proceed with printing.

First select the document you want to print.

Go to print, then select on Choose an Air Print Enabled Printer

Choose the number of copies and Tap print.

Thanks,

Kumar

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
how do I choose an appropriate air print enabled printer on my I pad
Expert:  P. Kumar replied 2 months ago.

The Printer that you have provided is an Air Print enabled printer. You should be able to see that once you start printing. Are you facing any issues wrt that?

Please let us know.

Thanks,

Kumar