Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a canon pixma mx479. It says error code 5011. Power…

Customer Question
I have a canon pixma...
I have a canon pixma mx479. It says error code 5011. Power button and yellow triangle just flash.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
8/5/2017
Technician: Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast replied 11 months ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, I'm Mr.med. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I'm sorry about the issue, Please turn off your printer, then check the carriage path with a flashlight for any obstructions, if you see anything, clear it and try again, if you do not see anything, try to move the cartridge with your hand and try to free it.

Please try this and let me know.

Thank you

No obstruction anywhere. Still flashing and says printer error occurred. Support code 5011

please turn off your printer again and open the cover, after that power on the printer and let me know, if the cartridges are trying to move or not.

They moved from the left all the way back to the right then back to the left and stopped
Lights are still flashing

Turn the printer off and unplug it. Then by hand move the print head by hand.

It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged.

Unplugged it. It moved freely to the right

What is the operating system of your computer ? Windows or Mac ?

I don't have a computer. It is a Samsung tablet. Wireless printer

turn the printer off one more time, then lift the lid of the printer (including the scanner portion) and then while the lid is open, turn on the printer then close the lid.

Thank you

I did that. Lights are still flashing. I think it has quit on me. Hoping you figure out what is wrong and why.

Let me open your question to other experts

Thank you

Technician: Josh, Technician replied 11 months ago
Josh, Technician

How old is the printer?

Maybe 3 years old.

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

That is what I figured. Thank you

You're welcome!

Thank you for being understanding and patient.

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.