crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  5+ years as Tech
50836188

I have a canon pixma mx479. It says error code 5011. Power

Customer Question

I have a canon pixma mx479. It says error code 5011. Power button and yellow triangle just flash.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mr.med. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue, Please turn off your printer, then check the carriage path with a flashlight for any obstructions, if you see anything, clear it and try again, if you do not see anything, try to move the cartridge with your hand and try to free it.

Please try this and let me know.

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No obstruction anywhere. Still flashing and says printer error occurred. Support code 5011
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 months ago.

please turn off your printer again and open the cover, after that power on the printer and let me know, if the cartridges are trying to move or not.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
They moved from the left all the way back to the right then back to the left and stopped
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Lights are still flashing
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 months ago.

Turn the printer off and unplug it. Then by hand move the print head by hand.

It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Unplugged it. It moved freely to the right
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 months ago.

What is the operating system of your computer ? Windows or Mac ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't have a computer. It is a Samsung tablet. Wireless printer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 months ago.

turn the printer off one more time, then lift the lid of the printer (including the scanner portion) and then while the lid is open, turn on the printer then close the lid.

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did that. Lights are still flashing. I think it has quit on me. Hoping you figure out what is wrong and why.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 months ago.

Let me open your question to other experts

Thank you

Expert:  crash2199 replied 2 months ago.

How old is the printer?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Maybe 3 years old.

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That is what I figured. Thank you

You're welcome!

Thank you for being understanding and patient.

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.