John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

WF-7620 does not recognize aftermarket cartridges (of

Customer Question

WF-7620 does not recognize aftermarket cartridges (of course). I have cycled through the cartridge check. The workaround for this is not obvious.
JA: Are you getting any error messages? If so, what do they say?
Customer: Nothing except not recognizing the cartridges. The printer just came out of the box.
JA: The last time you changed your cartridges, did you replace them with new ones or refill the old ones?
Customer: New printer (sort of), but no ink came with it. These are the only ones I have.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

I apologize that you had to wait a while.

Do you still need help with your issue?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately, that is one of the downfalls of using aftermarket cartridges.

You will need to replace those cartridges with either another aftermarket cartridge or authentic cartridges.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is your idea of "100% satisfaction guaranteed"?The company sells these, these MUST work. But you don't know the trick.And you'll charge me anyway.Working on a review ...

If a company sells the product, it doesn't mean it will always work. Aftermarket cartridges or "non authentic cartridges" can cause issues.