Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I cannot get my new black cartridge to print, About 18

Customer Question
I cannot get my...

I cannot get my new black cartridge to print

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

About 18 months old. Epson WF 3640

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac running Sierra

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It happened to the last black cartridge so I thought I had run out of black ink. I put in a blank new black and now there is no black ink printing at all.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?

Here/s a ?. What is the dark gray silo on the right side of the yellow cartridge on the printer screen? There is no slot for an ink cartridge. Why do I have to put in my credit card.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
8/4/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

To be clear, this is a paid support site, it is not free help. There is no free help for an out of warranty product which is why paid support options such as this exist.

Is it going through the motions but outputting a blank page?

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.