Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer will not stop scanning. I put in a new cartridge…

Customer Question
My printer will not...

My printer will not stop scanning. I put in a new cartridge in and it has been scanning the alignment page 30 minutes.

Technician's Assistant: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

HP Envy 4500 e-All-in-One Series. Received it as a gift for Mother's Day, 2017.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Acer/Aspire Series. I just finished printing, it said low ink, I changed the ink, it printed the alignment page, I put it on the glass and it is still scanning!!!

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It is an just became an issue 30 minutes ago. I was printing a receipt.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?

NO, that's all

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
8/4/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 1 year ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the issue?

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.