Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It is printing very blury to the point that some text is…

Customer Question
It is printing very...

It is printing very blury to the point that some text is illegible I have a 4630 that I purchased at the end of March this year

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

An Epson 4630, purchased on 3/30/17

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC windows 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It was running fine I needed to replace ink cartridges which I did, black and all colors. It prints very faint

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
8/4/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

These symptoms point to either a clogged/contaminated print head, or a faulty print head (or the logic board that controls it).

You can try going into the setup/maintenance menu on the machine and running the “clean print head” function repeatedly, up to 5 times total, testing after each.

If it still doesn’t print anything, you’ll need to do a manual cleaning as a next step.

Let me know how the built in cleaning function works, and I’ll guide you through the manual steps next, if needed.

Best regards,