Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

It is printing very blury to the point that some text is

Customer Question

It is printing very blury to the point that some text is illegible I have a 4630 that I purchased at the end of March this year
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: An Epson 4630, purchased on 3/30/17
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC windows 7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It was running fine I needed to replace ink cartridges which I did, black and all colors. It prints very faint
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

These symptoms point to either a clogged/contaminated print head, or a faulty print head (or the logic board that controls it).

You can try going into the setup/maintenance menu on the machine and running the “clean print head” function repeatedly, up to 5 times total, testing after each.

If it still doesn’t print anything, you’ll need to do a manual cleaning as a next step.

Let me know how the built in cleaning function works, and I’ll guide you through the manual steps next, if needed.

Best regards,