John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I want to scan documents then send them to my computer so I

Customer Question

Hi Jason I want to scan documents then send them to my computer so I can email documents to other people
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Canon MX926 probably 2 years old now
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC I think Windows 7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Hi Pearl I have never scanned a document before & sent it to my computer. I have never been shown how to do this
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's all. Thanx
Category: Printers
Expert:  AMIT replied 2 months ago.

Hi Jason to scan to your computer you will need the Canon Scan/Capture software to be installed on your computer. Use the following link to download the software:

After installing the software which is the My Image Garden (the first one) it will walk you through how to setup the printer and you will then be able to scan.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mx-series-inkjet/mx922?subtab=downloads-software#Z7_MQH8HIC0L88RB0AMD0F1Q42K25