Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics engineer with 7+ years of experience in repairing office equipments & printers
22727371

Using Epson WP-4530, printing a list: each line is

Customer Question

Using Epson WP-4530, printing a list: each line is alternately light black & faint black, not getting full black color at all. Alternate faint black lines have blank line running through them. Replaced cartridges, rebooted printer, did not solve problem. Would appreciate any help. Thnx. Bill
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I would estimate 6-7 yrs old. Model C451C.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Tried it again and screen says "Cannot recognize maintenance box.Install it correctly." MacBook Pro. Not sure of operating system, just had it upgraded several months ago, no printer problem until just now. You're talking to an 83 yr old non-native late starter - sorry.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It's a macOS Sierra, version 10.12.6. Problem just started today. Printer working fine up to this point.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's what I've got
Category: Printers
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.

It is a problem with the printhead because the printhead is the part of the printer which puts ink on the paper.

we will try manually cleaning the printhead.

Take a paper towel and fold it into 4 turns and make it little thick. Then add little-rubbing alcohol to it and then place it in the path of the printhead carriage. Then move the printhead carriage over it a few times.

Please follow this link to see a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrAqXjX10xs

Tell me if it makes any difference to your problem.