Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

It cannot be found on the network. It used to work. Canon…

Customer Question
It cannot be found...

It cannot be found on the network. It used to work.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Canon IP9720

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

IP8720 that is

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I also have the MG6600. I had both working wireless. Then, recently the MG660, which can also scan, stopped being able to see the PC, to send a scanned document to it. So yesterday I was working with the setup disc for the MG6600, trying to get that to work again. I could not get that working. Then today I discover that the IP8700 printer is no longer seen on the network. So, now I was rerunning the setup disc for the IP8700, but can't resolve it's issue either.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?

Also a recent event was that I tried the PC cleanup utility by Avast. I already had their anti-virus software. I don't know if running that cleanup utility could have broken something. That's all I think.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
8/3/2017
Technician: Sudipto, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Sudipto, Engineer

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP

Are you able to solve the problem of the MG series printer?

John, Computer Science Engineer