Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

The ink carriage goes into storage. It will not stop where I…

Customer Question
The ink carriage goes...

The ink carriage goes into storage. It will not stop where I can change CARTRIDGES.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Epson xp 420 TWO YEARS OLD

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

LENOVO

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

THE INK HAS BEEN RUNNING OUT FOR SEVERAL MONTHS. I GOT A NEW CARTRIDGE TODAY, SO THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE HAD TROUBLE

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?

NO, I JUST WANT TO BE ABLE TO CHANGE THE CARTRIDGE

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
8/3/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 1 year ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Close the lid

Press the Home button then select Setup then Maintenance then Ink Cartridge Replacement then press OK

Open the lid and it will move to the center

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what is the home button. Josh, I am 90 years old and do not speak computer. I can follow directions

The home button is on the printer -- It looks like a house

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.