Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Epson XP-410 printer won't print black, even with a new…

Customer Question
My Epson XP-410 printer...

My Epson XP-410 printer won't print black, even with a new cartridge. It will print in the other colors, though. We may have done something to inhibit printing black. Are there printer settings I can change?

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I'm guessing my XP-410 printer is 3-4 years old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC - a Dell Inspiron 2350. I have no clue what Operating System we're using. Maybe you can help me find that out.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The problem occurred about 4 days ago. We will often get a message telling us the black ink cartridge is low and do we want to use blended colors to print black. My wife may have clicked an option that is now impairing us.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of at this moment.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
8/3/2017
Technician: John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 9 months ago
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

Have you tried to clean the print head?

John, Computer Science Engineer