Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I'm getting a G200 error, PIXMAMG6120 7YRS, PC WINDOWS10,

Customer Question
I'm getting a G200...

I'm getting a G200 error

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

PIXMAMG6120 7YRS

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC WINDOWS10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

2DAYS, I downloaded windows 10 update assist, since then I have had this error,but ever thing works right except the printer won't work

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
8/3/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 11 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

I unpluged it just now; I have done this about an hour ago, didn't change anything? Ok 10 min. up! Same thing B200

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

I did this same Error B200

ok, do the following up to 3 times if it does not initially clear the message

• Turn off the printer
  • Open the cover
  • Turn on the printer
  • Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half way
  • Before print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover.
  • Leave the Printer turned on.
THE MENU SHOWS ON THE SCREEN, SO MAYBE IT'S OK

ok, try to print

How can I print without leaving you?

press CTRL and P

And then click print when the printer is selected

Error B200 came on screen

Thanks

It is the internal Mainboard that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you