Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Afficio SC 7000DN getting SC 5700 error "waiting to clean…

Customer Question
Afficio SC 7000DN getting...

Afficio SC 7000DN getting SC 5700 error "waiting to clean feed belt"

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Ricoh Aficio SG 7100DN serial R73Q600187 2yrs old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just today after a printing session

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
8/3/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That problem seems to require a reset of some sort. Perhaps.

Does the machine ever come out of the 'waiting' and ask to be turned Off and then On again? if it does, or even if it doesn't, you may have to turn it Off, wait several minutes, turn it On again, and wait to see if that clears the error message.

Also try opening it up and examining the interior for leaked or spilled toner. If there is a lot of it, you have a problem with that, and will need to call for servicing, or perhaps, if very confident in your ability and carefulness, do a manual cleaning yourself - but that might just make things worse.