Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Gm. My printer saids printer error code 0XF1. icannot get it…

Customer Question
Gm. My printer saids...

Gm. My printer saids printer error code 0XF1. icannot get it to print.and when i did earlier it did not print clear.

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

No it just tells me to turn off and then on again and visit your site. I cannot get it to print at all now

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Actually i had hard time putting black ink in and when i did it just kept skipping certain lines. so i primed but i do not think i primed it when i put cartridge in.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?

I guess no. i just need to know how to make printer print again

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
8/3/2017
Technician: Ashik, Technician replied 8 months ago
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Error 0xF1 is indicates that print head not being able to completely pass from the left to right or right to left side during startup or operation. If anything is causing the print head to not travel completely from left to right during startup, this will cause the error code. Open the Printer cover and see if any plastic covers or tapes or paper pieces there obstructing the free movement of head. If so, remove them. Use a flashlight to check inside the printer.

Also take out the cartridge and put it back and check then. Turn off the printer, open the cover and gently push the head manually to left/right if it can't move freely. Don't push with excess force or it will break.

This is a mechanical problem not software glitch. If you don't find any plastics or other materials inside that is obstructing the head movement and if it still not working, then it is a hardware defect. If the printer is under warranty, then you can send it back to Epson and they will replace the parts or machine with new one.

I know this might not be the answer you want to hear and you are looking for a solution, but in this case I can only give you the reason of the problem and possible solution which will not work if this is mechanical fault.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Thank you the cartridge was on other side. It is now on and telling me to proceed but it still is not printing right. it is skipping some lettering. that was problem from the beginning.
no i would rather go buy another printer than spend that. I am even sorry i paid the 5.00 but i thank you and iwill take it from here.

It is a mechanical problem as I mentioned above. You may need to replace some components of the printer which is not worth it.

If you are not satisfied with my service, then please don't rate anything. Instead, you can contact customer support for refund.

Best Regards,

Ashik, Technician