Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have had my Maxify 5020 4 in one machine for a few years…

Customer Question
I have had my...

I have had my Maxify 5020 4 in one machine for a few years now yet I have almost never been able to use it. It says that the Cayanne ink needed to be replaced. I replaced it and now I have a 5501 Error Showing on the screen. My older Canon printer was the best I have ever had but this is the absolute worst printer I have had an experience with

Technician's Assistant: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I had problems with it since I first bought it. I have been primarily using it as a scanner. Somehow, I was able to get the ink to work for a short period by going onto Youtube videos. Now, the Cayenne color was empty (not sure why because I do not recall even using a color ink on it. Maybe, my wife did). I took out the cayeene cartridge, typed ok, and inserted a new cayeene cartridge and now it does not work again.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC, Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I tried to scan papers a few minutes ago and it showed that the cayenne ink was ou, so I replaced it with a new cayeene cartridge. I normally print from an HP 4-in-1 machine because it allows me to print on it, so I have two 4-in-1 machines in my home office Nothin happened before it started giving to me the error code because I use a different 4-in-1 machine for my normal printing tasks

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/3/2017
Technician: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 1 year ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Hello Shaheem,

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. Do you have you canon drivers? If you do not have, please use the below link to download and proceed with further instructions.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/small-office-home-office-printers/mb5020?tab=drivers_downloads

Can you please try to reset you printer. Please Turn off your printer, then Press and HOLD Power On Button and Stop Button on you printer for 10 seconds. Once you have done that, please release you finger from stop button and press Stop Button 5 times. The Power Button should blink for sometime until reset is complete and should then install the required driver automatically on your system.

In case the driver isn't installed. Please install your canon driver.

Please do let us know if it resolved.

Thanks,

Kumar

Hello Shaheem,

Please do let me know if you were able to solve the issue.

Thanks,

Kumar

Please let me know if you were able to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Kumar