John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Error message stating printer head not installed correctly

Customer Question

Error message stating printer head not installed correctly leaking wet, yellow ink on page. Working fine until today.
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: hp office jet pro 8610 llittle over a year.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Windows 8
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing happened before. The first page I printed today had a yello streak down the left side.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The no printhead message appeared and nothing has changed with the printhead. It worked fine yesterday.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

Please try following steps :-

1. Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

4. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

5. Wait at least 60 seconds.

6. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE:

HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

8. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.

9. Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Let me know how it goes !!