Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I updated my macair operating system and now cannot print,

Customer Question

i updated my macair operating system and now cannot print
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: canon iP4600
JA: How long has this been going on with your IP4600?
Customer: today only since i got back
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: i told you today apple support has already tried
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: ?? what are you talking about connect to where?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 months ago.

Remove the driver from the printer setup open the Print & Fax preferences. Click in the printer list on the left, then RIGHT or CTRL-click and select Reset Printing System from the contextual menu. This will remove all installed printers.

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 months ago.

Please remember when we are dealing with this kind of issue. It is quite possible and may take more than one step or answer multiple times to solve a problem. In case the provided troubleshooting step does not help or work don't be dissatisfied, use the Reply to expert or click on the “Continue Conversation” button and I will be happy to continue to help.