Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Error code OxE5 on a WF3640 printer, Epson WF3640 error code…

Customer Question
Error code OxE5 on...

Error code OxE5 on a WF3640 printer

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?

Epson WF3640 error code OxE5

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Dell PC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Paper jam just now

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
8/2/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

There are a few possible causes of this issue, including a bad cartridge, internal debris/contamination, or a hardware failure (bad printhead, bad logic board, faulty sensor, etc).

What we can try are some cleaning and reset steps.

First remove all of the ink cartridges, then clean the metal electrical contacts on the back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using qtips and rubbing alcohol. Dry well, then reseat the cartridges.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further if needed.