Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I am trying to change the ink cartridges on my WF 3640

Customer Question

I am trying to change the ink cartridges on my WF 3640 printer. Two seem to be stuck in there. They seem to have some little guard or something that makes it impossible to pull back the tab to release the cartridge. I could send you a picture if there is a way to do that.
JA: What's the model of your printer?
Customer: WF 3640
JA: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?
Customer: Yes. There are two cartridges I can remove and two that are stuck.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have tried unplugging and starting again. The messages i get all seem accurate and they tell me the cartridges are installed correctly, although even though it says I have Cyan left , there is none coming out and that is one of the ones I want to change.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

This is not an automatic process as on some other printers, some menu steps are required prior to physical replacement:
Press the home (house icon) button and select Setup (wrench icon) > Maintenance > Ink Cartridge Replacement.

Lift up the scanner unit (below the glass)

Open the cartridge cover

Squeeze the tab on the cartridge and lift the cartridge straight up to remove it.

Gently shake the new cartridge four or five times, then remove the cartridge from the package, removing the yellow tape.

Insert the new cartridge into the holder and push it down until it clicks into place.

Close the cartridge cover and push it down until it clicks into place.

Select Check on the LCD screen to make sure the cartridge or cartridges are installed correctly.

Close the scanner unit.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.