crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  5+ years as Tech
50836188

I have a Canon MX7600 printer. I hooked it up to a computer

Customer Question

I have a Canon MX7600 printer. I hooked it up to a computer I recently bought, a DELL Inspiron Desktop 3000. I can't find the programming disc that came with the printer, and the BestBuy Geek Squad said I should contact Canon to get help getting the printer on line with the computer.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Dell is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model:###-##-#### purchased last month, July 2017.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: It's a PC with Windows 10, Intel CORE 15, 7th Gen
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I told by Geek Squad the printer needed to be programmed for the computer when I started using it. What do I need to download to solve this problem ??
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing I can think of. No.
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Click here: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mx-series/pixma-mx7600?tab=drivers_downloads

Click on Drivers or Software to download all of the programs that came with the printer (from the disc)

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.