Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

HL 5470 DW prints all papers with vertical black stripe, top

Customer Question

HL 5470 DW prints all papers with vertical black stripe, top to bottom of page. left side of page., 1/4 inch wide -- cause ??? bad cartridge, replaced - same , cleaned with cloth and alcohol, also a piece of the roller mechanism seeems to be bad and hard to get printer cartridge in the machine
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: HL 5470 DW, TN 750 cartridge
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC, windows 7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: only a few days, replaced the cartridge and no change/ the first cartridge was a Brother, but the second one now is a re[placemnt. nothing apparent right before.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

If the same problem occurs after replacing the toner cartridge then the drum will need to be replaced.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I do hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
replace drum or buy new printer ?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
how can you replace the drum remotely ?

You can ignore any offers that pop up - they are sent automatically by the site and not by me.