Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Can not print in color, WF-3640 aprox 3 months, PC Windows…

Customer Question
Can not print in...

Can not print in color

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

WF-3640 aprox 3 months

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

In the last 2 days

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
8/2/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 11 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Do you see that the color ink needs to be replaced?

The cartridges are fine

What happens when you print in color?

no

What happens when you print in color?

That is fine
When I print in color it just prints black

Has it ever printed in color before? It sounds like you accidentally turned on grayscale.

It has always printed in color until a couple days ago

Open a file and try to print

Before, you press the Print button, look on the print preview page to see if Grayscale or if the option for Black and White is selected instead of color