Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have just bought an Epson XP 235. I have it all set up but…

Customer Question
I have just bought...

I have just bought an Epson XP 235. I have it all set up but it tells me I am not connected to the internet. I previously had a 100 and I had a cable from the printer to the computer iMac which, because I couldn't get this to work without a cable, tried that, but that won't connect me either. I've telephoned by ISP who suggested I speak with you

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is a brand new Epson i bought yesterday and it is Expression Home XP-235

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac - not sure what you mean regarding Operating System I am running - where do I get that info

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It is only an issue with this new instalment. My last printer XP 100 worked well and was connected by cable. I bought this new one yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/1/2017
Technician: Sudipto, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Sudipto, Engineer

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP

Do you use a USB cable or wireless network to connect the printer to the computer?

I have a USB cable connected to the printer and computer as the previous model XP100 was connected this way and i've ever used WiFi for it although this one is supposed to work with Wifi
All I want is for you to tell me how I make this connection between computer and printer - surely it must be something I've missed as they send you home with box and a cd to set it up which I have done but it still not connecting and when I press the icon for the printer it is showing the number of my old printer still
Are you still there and working on my problem

OK, do you want to use the USB cable or wireless network?

Prefer to use the cable
I have to leave and go to work and this seems to be taking a very long time. Please either give me an answer now or refund my $5. I only got in touch with Epson because I thought they could help not send me through to you people and then have the cheek to charge.
What is happening
I have to go NOW - I began this call over half an hour ago. I shall not be available again until approximately 4 p.m. Please be in touch then or at least let me know you can or can't help and return the $5 or cancel the payment (as promised). So far I think this is a very poor system.
Could you please help with this problem