Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have wf 3540 but when printing photos there are blue and…

Customer Question
I have wf 3540...

I have wf 3540 but when printing photos there are blue and pink horizontal lines.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Epson wf-3540

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your WF-3540?

I couldn't print for months because some colors weren't working at all. Just using an epson cleaner and black works (for first time in a while) and other colors for print but get the lines on photos

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
8/1/2017
Technician: Sudipto, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Sudipto, Engineer

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

The problem you are facing can be caused due to many reasons, like empty cartridges,clogged printhead, defective printhead or defective logic board. Now, as you have not mentioned anything, what you have tried so far to solve the problem, I assume that, you have tried nothing. So, I will first suggest you to check the ink level and if the ink levels are low then, replace the cartridges, if the ink levels are not low then, follow the steps from this LINK to clean the printhead for three times. If you still face the same problem then, you may have to flush the printhead manually, which you can do with the help of the printhead cleaning kit. You can get the kit from any local computer shop or from the link below. If that also fails then, unfortunately the printhead or the logic board is defective and in that case, it will be better to replace the printer as the repairing cost will be higher than the price of a new printer. If the printer is less than a year old then, you can get it replaced from Epson. Let me know if you need any further help otherwise, please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNBLOCK-PRINTER-HEAD-NOZZLES-CLEANING-KIT-CLEANER-FLUSH-EPSON-PRINTHEAD-90ml-/331815277464?epid=700443264&hash=item4d41bb5398:g:5HYAAOxyo4lRkFdC