Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

This error 0x9E, WF3620, Epson, about three months old, PC…

Customer Question
This error 0x9E Technician's...

This error 0x9E

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

WF3620, Epson, about three months old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Two days. I had cleaned the print heads

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?

Sometimes get error 0x69 as well

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
Also on startup, sometimes get message that the ink cover is not latched. This is a false message because the cover is firmly clicked. I've updated driver, put in new cartridges, attached printer to USB cable. Nothing helps
8/1/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

There are a few possible causes of this issue, including a bad cartridge, internal debris/contamination, or a hardware failure (bad printhead, bad logic board, faulty sensor, etc).

What we can try are some cleaning and reset steps.

First remove all of the ink cartridges, then clean the metal electrical contacts on the back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using qtips and rubbing alcohol. Dry well, then reseat the cartridges.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further if needed.

I did as you suggested. No change. Still 0x69

Thank you for trying,

unfortunately that does confirm that there is an underlying hardware defect here, meaning a bad printhead. The printer will need to be serviced or more likely replaced.
Your next step will be to file a warranty claim with epson at 562\276\4382 and they will send you a replacement printer.

My apologies for the news,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Nathan, Engineer