John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an Epson Workforce printer and scanner: WF: 2630. I

Customer Question

Hello, I have an Epson Workforce printer and scanner : WF: 2630. I have tried all sorts to convert it to Black and White printing only and it is not working. I have put it on Gray scale etc. Could you please assist? When I bought the printer I was told that it would easily convert to Black and White printing.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It wouldn't be more than 1 year old. Where do I find the model number?
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I have a mac on oS Sierra - Version 10.12.6
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have never tried to print in Black and white only before. I was trying to print out an assignment for examination the night before the assessment and the printer ran out of an ink cartridge. I actually paid $200 for a technician to try (remote access) to help me convert it to Black and White printing then, but my money went nowhere as the tech couldn't do it either, despite the instructions given. I have since replaced the cartridge but would prefer to know how to use the black and white printing function only. This is why I bought this particular printer.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No- that's pretty well it. We both tried to convert to black and white printing and got nowhere. So if you could please help that would be great.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sadique. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Would you like me to remote into your computer and work on the issue directly?

Open a document > go to File > choose Print > Then select "Paper Type/Quality" from the print menu.