Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Cannot print go to instaink.com, replaced ink cartridges.

Customer Question
Cannot print go to...

Cannot print go to instaink.com, replaced ink cartridges. model#envy 7640

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?

Envy 7640 hp instaink 62

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just happened, nothing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?

Just trying to make a copy

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
8/1/2017
Technician: Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer replied 11 months ago
Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

Is it still showing you a message to replace ink cartridges ?

No

So what is happening when you are trying to make a copy or print ?

Nothing, message, cannot print ,visit www.instai k.com for info

Is this second hand printer or you owns this from the beginning ?

I brought brand new

okay. I got it.

What's the problem?

While this is no doubt frustrating to encounter when all you want to do is print, I can assure you that this error status can only have two possible causes:

1. Your printer may have lost its connection to the Instant Ink servers (which is integral for billing, usage tracking and general administration of the service). This means that reconnecting your printer via HP Connected will be integral to restoring your printing ability.
  2. You are being prompted to log onto your HP Connected/Instant Ink account to resolve billing issue or at worst, this prompt is related to both billing and the previously noted connection issue. At any rate, the fix is simple.

Before you try any of the suggestions that I will provide a little further on in this post, please visit : https://instantink.hpconnected.com/us/en/r?jumpid=va_nxc3gze76w to log onto your Instant Ink account.

If you have determined that your printer's showing as 'Offline' in your Instant Ink account try the following steps to restore connectivity:

• From the printer's front panel, touch the wireless icon and make sure you're connected to your wireless network. If not, run the Wireless Setup Wizard to restore connectivity.
  • Next, touch the icon. If you see an @hpeprint.com address select Print Info Page (and keep this handy for later).
  • If you're not seeing an ePrint address, enable your webservices and touch OK to allow for automatic printer updates - this will result in your printer printing an info page listing the printer's claimcode (which is the combination of letters and numbers preceding the @hpeprint.com address).
  • If you were able to complete these steps, log into your Instant Ink account to re-add your printer's claimcode to your Instant Ink account to restore your connection to the server.

If these basic suggestions come up short please call HP's Cloud Services at(###) ###-####

Let me know if you have any questions on them.