Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Second opinion] off line, mfc-430w, pc windows 10, off and…

Customer Question
Second opinion] off line ...

Second opinion] off line

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Mfc-430w

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Off and on for a year or more after cycling power sometimes goes away.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?

At rest off for a month or so

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/31/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 11 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Is the printer registering as Offline on occasion? I take it that it is. Next thing to ask is, Is the printer configured as a Wireless or WiFi printer? or is it on a USB cable connection?