John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

The window reads, "Printer error has occurred. Follow the

Customer Question

The window reads, "Printer error has occurred. Follow the steps below. 1. Cancel printing then turn the device off. 2.Turn the device on again. If problem persists, see the manual and contact the service....." (can't move the window to see the rest of the message). I have done #1`. Left the printer OFF for 3 hours. I turned the device on again and the problem persists! So, if you could help me in this way, I would be thrilled to pieces. Thank you. Sincerely, ***** *****
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: WOW!! Hi Pearl. I have a CANON MX922
JA: How long has this been going on with your MX922?
Customer: Only today. It is a great copier. I looked and do not see paper trapped in the back. I KNOW it has to be an easy answer. I'm just not as talented as you are when it comes to equipment like this.
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: Never since I purchased it several months ago. I backup my computer often. I do know how to do that!
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know what questions to ask. I have had NO problems since buying it. Also, I changed 2 of the printer cartridges just before the "problem" arose. Maybe I should check to make sure one of them has not popped out?
Category: Printers
Expert:  PC_Wizzard replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.

Is the error on the Computer or on the printer itself?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Printer
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you very much. I appreciate your help very much.
Nancy Kurz
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
what do you suggest. I tried to check the ink cartridges to make sure they are clipped in properly. I have cancelled all printing. I have unplugged. I have checked the power cords.