Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have replaced ink cartridges and now it doesn't seem to be…

Customer Question
I have replaced ink...

I have replaced ink cartridges and now it doesn't seem to be aligned.

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?

XP 630 SERIAL NO. W5AY135836

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

MAC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

This printer has always had to have the wi-fi set-up typed in for starters. Now on it's first replacement for ink, does not print out.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?

Not really, except I have to always reconnect it with our wifi. It doesn't seem to save it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
7/31/2017
Technician: John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

So you need help aligning your print head right?

It just seems to b printing lines a few headers that's all.
No just some suggestions from u

One moment while I type out the steps for you

On the printer, do the following:

1. Have a few sheets of paper loaded
  2. Press the Home button
  3. Use the arrows to navigate to "Setup" and press "OK"
  4. Select Maintenance
  5. Select Print head Alignment
  6. Press the "Start" button
  7. On the printer, select the pattern that the printed out sheet most closely represents
  8. Press "Ok" to finish

Please let me know if this works for you

When I try to press the correct number by pressing the ok button, the number moves in the space provided
How do u determine which square is a certain number

There are different sets it will run you through I believe

Am I suppose to hit ok or the diamond shape to confirm

You should use "Ok" unless it says otherwise on your printer

What should the head alignment pattern look like?
It is printing again. The same thibg

It is printing the alignment page again?

Is the printer prompting you to do anything?

It says everything is complete. But I am still not getting a complete print. There is only printing headers in green like to note I want and a few black lines.

Let's try another method. You are using a Mac with the printer right?

I'm calling customer service. This is not helping and like I said earlier I was never happy with this copier

I can walk you through one more way if you'd like.

John, Computer Science Engineer