Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I keep on getting an error "wrong paper size" brother

Customer Question
I keep on getting...

I keep on getting an error "wrong paper size"

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Brother mfc6490cw

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MFC6490CW?

Last half year

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Dont remember

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
7/31/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The problem with your Brother printer can be solved, I think.

Getting a "Wrong Paper Size" message can mean that either

A. your printer's paper size is set incorrectly for the loaded paper size/type
or
B. your printer driver (on your computer, in
Start - Control Panel - Printers, right-click upon your printer's icon, select Properties) has wrong settings for paper size or paper type, compared to what's loaded in the printer
or
C. your program or application, that you are printing out of [ e.g MS Word, which has rather extensive paper settings of its own ] does not match either or both of the other two or the loaded paper size! to tell whether it is only your MS Word, open Notepad, type in a few words, then go to
File - Page Setup,
and select the right paper size (where it usually says Letter) and click OK on the Page Setup to save the changed settings, then go to
File - Print
and send it to the right printer. If it prints without demur on whatever size you have loaded and set in the printer driver, then behold: MS Word (or whatever program you are printing from) is probably at fault in its settings or etc. This Notepad test is a simple way of determining whether of those three categories of setting, you have it wrong in only the application or program printed from. ]

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hello is someone here to help?

I'm here... did you get my message, with suggestions in detail?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it didn't help anything
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hello anyone there???

What did not help anything, please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I guess you guys are not here to help me with my issue, please cancel the charge on my card and i will look for someone else to help Thanks

Try checking, and if needed changing, the settings A. on the printer, B. in the software you are printing from, and C. in the Windows (or MAC OS X ) driver settings.

Technician: Josh, Technician replied 1 year ago
Josh, Technician

I apologize that you had to wait a long time for help.

Do you still need help with your issue?