Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

There is paper in the printer, but when I press copy the…

Customer Question
There is paper in...

There is paper in the printer, but when I press copy the message. "No paper" appears.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

I will look. about 5 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Where do i look for the model info.?

Technician's Assistant: What confuses you?

MFC 7360N is the model #

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Happened yesterday. nothing we noticed

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
7/31/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
Can you let me know when you're ready to look at this and we will make a start.
Thanks
Kris

now is ok

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

i will try. I did remove power but their is a power switch which I cannot hold down.
should i just plug it back on
did u mean the start button?
i plugged it back in and i still get the "no paper" message.
Kris?
what is going on?
is our chat over?. why don't u call me at(###) ###-#### I cannot respond to text messages.Neil Hunter

I am going to opt out so someone else can assist.

Thanks

Kris

Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. My name is Joel. I am sorry that you have been having difficulties. I can help you solve your problem if you still need assistance.

hi Joel,we have tried unplugging many times to no avail.

Please unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and then press and hold the start button for 30 seconds.

On this printer, you need to specify the paper type and size. The paper size setting must match the actual size of the paper that is loaded in the paper tray. Have you done that?

how do u set the paper size? we have not changed paper.
do we hold the start bottom down while it is unplugged or after we plug it back on?
we have figured out how to check the paper size and have tested both ways. No luck.
am correct in assuming that these exchanges are covered under the initial order. Correct?

Yes, of course, these exchanges are covered. The idea was to hold th start button while it was unplugged to drain any residual charge from the circuits. It probably won't make any difference.

Hi Joel,
We have tried it several times including the paper reset. No luck. Could it be a mechanical problem???neil

There could be either an electrical or mechanical problem with the paper sensing lever. There is nothing in the Basic User's Guide that covers repairs of this type. I did not find anything on paper reset, and I do not know what you meant by that. Basically, it might be time to buy a new printer.

If you have any other questions or additional problems, please let me know, so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. My goal is to provide you with the best possible customer service. If you are satisfied with my advice, please take a moment to rate my services.

Thanks for your help. pity that the solution is what I expected :( :(Neil

You are welcome. Thank you for choosing Just Answer, and have a wonderful night!

The manual suggested we clean the rollers and the sensor. We have tried that. still no luck. is it possible to replace the sensor? The manual tray works btw.
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer