John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an Epson Workforce 3640 connected via WIFI to an

Customer Question

I have an Epson Workforce 3640 connected via WIFI to an Apple Mac running Sierra 10.12.6. The printer is less than 1 year old. The printer won't print either DOC of PDF files. I always get the error message "Stopped. 'Filter' failed". What's going on? How can this be repaired?
JA: How are you connecting to your WorkForce: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: wirelessly
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: not sure. how should I do that?
JA: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, let's start and see how it goes
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason