Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Paper (10?) sheets stuck, pixma, 3 years old, hasd a sheet…

Customer Question
Paper (10?) sheets stuck ...

Paper (10?) sheets stuck

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Pixma

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

3 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Hasd a sheet stuck and was able to pull it out. reloaded paper and tried to pick up a number of sheets

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?

Now stuck halfway

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/31/2017
Technician: John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

Do you know what model your Canon Pixma is?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
100-240V
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
cannot afford
just trying to unstuck 10 sheets of paper
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
are you coming over to pull it out
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no that is not the same
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i cannot find a model #
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
mg2120?

Yepp, that's it!

Now, where is the jam? In the input or output?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
serial LFWB54434
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
input
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
half in half out
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
trying to pull back
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
won"t budge
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
nothing hanging out other side

Please do the following:

1. Turn off the printer
  2. Unplug it
  3. Open the ink cover
  4. Remove and set the ink cartridges aside
  5. Pull the paper with both hands, careful not to tear it. You may have to pull it out in groups and not all the pages at once

Any luck?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Now I can't get the ink out

You might need to slide the print head over to get the ink out