Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

A WEEK AGO IT STOPPED SCANNING,,,,,,PLEASE WAIT A WHILE

Customer Question
A WEEK AGO IT...

A WEEK AGO IT STOPPED SCANNING,,,,,,PLEASE WAIT A WHILE TURNED INTO NEVER AND NOW IT WON'T PULL THE PAPER INTO THE MACHINE. SAID TO UNPLUG AND TRY AGAIN, STILL DOESN'T WORK

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?

NO JUST SAYS WAIT A WHILE

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

NEVER DIDN'T KNOW I HAD TO

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?

YOU KNOW EVERYTHING I KNOW

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
7/31/2017
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 11 months ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Whats the full name brand and model of your scanner / printer?

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Thank you for your reply.

Dustin S.

Sr. Technician and former Network Switching System operator & maintainer with the US Signal Corp, (abn)

Cannon pixma MX 492
Windows 7
Cancel the remote assistance response.
Put him online. I am at my computer now that is connected to the printer that needs repair.
Cancel remore assistance request.I am at my computer that is connected to the broken printer now. Please give me directions that will fix this thing!!
When will he/she be available? I need to leave for work.
If this service really does have an A+ rating with BBB you may be about to lose it. Please let me know when I can expect the service that I have already paid for.