John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a HP Officejet 6500A printer, colour seems to be

Customer Question

I have a HP Officejet 6500A printer, colour seems to be printing but black is so faint I can'r read it. I have done all of the diagnostic tests and cleaned printer heads numerous times. (there is plenty of black ink showing, alongside of colours - all about equally half full but must say I am using up printer heaps of cartridge colour doing all these tests. Can you advise me what to do. Meta
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is probably about 2 years old and has fairly frequent use. Model 6500A, officejet
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC. I don't know what is meant by operating system
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing much, but same thing happened two weeks ago, and cleaning heads twice seemed to fix problem, and printer was normal till yesterday when I needed to print something. Once again black did not work(red did) = was prsinting a document in black with red banner at top of document
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just why it wont print black , even though black colour cartridge is half full
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

It may be a bit simpler and easier if you and I connect through a secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your computer from here and work on repairing the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and if your not very fluent with computer repairs this is the best option.

Our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support alone?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have had help at home and resolved the problem with my printer, thank you, Meta