John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

The red error light on my MF8280Cw flashes when I try to

Customer Question

The red error light on my MF8280Cw flashes when I try to print. The screen informs me (incorrectly, I believe) that my yellow cartridge is empty. I'm trying to print in black and white, however, so that shouldn't make any difference, should it?
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: As i mentioned in my question, my printer is an MF8280Cw, and it's less than 2 years old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC, Windows 10, Creators Update.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It happened just today and nothing happened before it started.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. If the printer won't print in color just because it believes one of the color cartridges is empty, should that affect the black-and-white performance? And if it does, how do I override it?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kris R replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

Expert:  Kris R replied 2 months ago.

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
Can you let me know when you're ready to look at this and we will make a start.
Thanks
Kris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please forget about this. I'll solve it (or not) myself. Sorry to have bothered you.
Expert:  Kris R replied 2 months ago.

Flagged to mod